Embarc students thrive during high school and beyond.
By the Numbers
- 97% high school graduation rate (vs 71% at schools we serve)
- 83% college / post-secondary enrollment (vs 53% across CPS)
- 92% open to new people and situations (vs 58% of non-Embarc students)
- 90% feel positively about self (vs 78% of non-Embarc students)
- 87% are excited to come to school (vs 48% of non-Embarc students)
- 77% feel connected to teachers and staff (vs 53% of non-Embarc students)
- 93% of Embarc teachers agree that Embarc enhances their entire practice as an educator
Want more? Check out our Impact Reports.
In Their Own Words
“After an experience where I pushed myself, two teachers gave me cards saying they were proud of me. That was a loving feeling I’d never had before.”
“Embarc supports teachers like no one else. People say that teachers’ social-emotional needs are important, but Embarc actually practices that. They hear us and support us.”
“Embarc is a life experience where you do new things and then realize that you’re more confident and have so many more opportunities in life.”
“I got to talk to someone who grew up on the street I am currently growing up on right now. It gave me motivation to keep working hard on my dreams and never give up.”
Significant Social Return on Investment
In addition to the positive outcomes Embarc helps students achieve, our program delivers tangible and outsized societal impact. For every dollar invested in Embarc, at least $10 is returned to society due to the economic impact of high school graduates.
Get involved to help us amplify our impact.